March 16th, 2020
St. Johns County COVID-19 Closures
In the interest of public safety and in an effort to minimize the impact of COVID-19 within our community, the following St. Johns County facilities and programs are closed to the public, or have been cancelled, from March 16 through March 29, 2020:
· All St. Johns County libraries and the library bookmobile.
· All recreational facilities, recreational programming, recreational events, and all permitted events, including organized youth and adult sports, on St. Johns County property.
· The St. Johns County Ocean and Fishing Pier Gift Shop and all permitted events on associated County property, including the parking lot, volleyball courts, and the pier pavilion.
· All events scheduled to occur at the St. Johns County Fairgrounds.
· All events scheduled to occur at the St. Johns County Agriculture Center.
· All events scheduled to occur at the St. Johns Golf Club.
· The St. Johns County Pet Center.
· All St. Johns County recycling and community collection events.
· All St. Johns County Fire Rescue community programming.
The St. Johns Golf Club, St. Johns County's beaches, parks, open green spaces, and trails remain open. In addition, Veterans Services, the Permit Center, Health and Human Services, Utilities Services, and all other County business services remain open to the public and operational. State-wide elections are also currently planned to proceed on Tuesday as scheduled.
“We are at a crucial point of time in the development of COVID-19 within St. Johns County, and have the ability to minimize its progress by limiting large gatherings,” said Hunter S. Conrad, County Administrator. “As health, safety, and welfare are our highest priorities, it is critical that we work together with the community to encourage social distancing and the practice of basic infection prevention measures.”
The County is implementing elevated cleaning services. In addition, employee work and travel policies are being implemented to safeguard a healthy workplace. St. Johns County is closely monitoring the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation and remains in communication with local healthcare providers and public safety partner agencies. The County will continue to evaluate and adapt all policies and practices as necessary and appropriate.
©2012-2021 All Rights Reserved
St. Johns Magazine LLC
Welcome to St. Johns Magazine, the premier lifestyle media company in St. Johns Florida and the heart of Northeast Florida.
St. Johns Magazine is a fun and friendly resource guide connecting the growing communities of northern St. Johns. We focus on the positive aspects of life with entertaining features and articles promoting local businesses, people, places and events!
St. Johns Magazine publishes twelve times a year. stjohnsmag.com launched in 2012. Like our page on Facebook, and follow us on Instagram. The magazine is printed in Jacksonville, Florida, USA and distributed free of charge to SELECT homes in northern St. Johns.